History of Hopewell Elementary School
Hopewell Elementary is located in the suburban Hopewell community of Cleveland, Tennessee. The original school was established in 1861. The current location was first used in 1921 as a school for grades one through ten. In 1959, three schools consolidated at this site to serve grades one through eight. In 1973, seventh and eighth grades were moved to a junior high. In 1980, kindergarten was added. In 2001, Bradley County Schools converted to a middle school model making Hopewell a Kindergarten through fifth-grade campus. A Pre-Kindergarten program was added in 2006 through a partnership with Family Resource Agency. In 2022, a new carline was added on 4 acres of property that were purchased behind the existing campus.