How do I register my child at Hopewell Elementary?
The following documents are required for registration:
- Birth Certificate
- Tennessee School Immunization Certificate
- Proof of Residence - Acceptable proof includes a current utility bill, with the parent's name and address printed on it. If parents have not been living at the residence long enough to have a utility bill, a contract or lease of a house and/or apartment will be accepted.
- Social Security Card
What is the dress code?
- Shoes must be worn at all times. This is in compliance with state health and safety regulations. Wear tennis shoes on PE day.
- No hats or caps should be worn inside the building except on designated days.
- The top garment (blouse or shirt) must overlap the bottom garment; no halter tops, spaghetti straps, bare midriffs or backsides are permitted.
- Clothing which advertises tobacco products, alcoholic beverages, illicit drugs, lewd or inappropriate graphics may not be worn.
- Any form of dress that is immodest, offensive, or disruptive to the learning atmosphere may not be worn.
- Shorts and skirts should reach one's fingertips when arms are held to their sides.
- Parents must follow the same dress code while on school property or field trips.
How can I become a parent volunteer?
Please contact Roxanne Gassaway, our Title I teacher, for more information about opportunities and procedures for becoming a parent volunteer. Email: email@example.com
Which bus will my child ride?
You can search for buses by street name at this link: https://bit.ly/2uZriPT
What school supplies does my child need?
Click here for the Elementary Supply List
How can I make an appointment with my child's teacher?
You may leave a message for your child's teacher by calling the Main Office (423-478-8802). You may also contact teachers through e-mail.
Where can I find the Student Handbook?
Online Student Handbook
Please do not enter the front circle when buses are present. State law prohibits cars from passing buses when stop lights are displayed.
You may use the back entrance if buses are present when you arrive at school.
While dropping off students in the front of the school, please pull all the way up to the gym and allow your child to exit the car on the sidewalk while you are waiting in line. All grade levels can use both lanes while dropping off your child. Either the principal or another employee will be at the outside lane everyday to help ensure the safety of your child while crossing traffic. Please do not let your child out to cross traffic before you get to the person helping them cross.
While dropping off students in the back of the school by the gym, please make sure to pull all the way up to the end of the sidewalk and let your child out onto the sidewalk to walk to the gym entrance.
Kindergarten parents should pick up your child in the back of the school by the gym entrance.